Pressing On Toward The Goal
Sermon Discussion Questions
For the Week of June 20, 2021
Pressing on Toward the Goal
We must press on from our position in Christ.
How do we do this?
Stay humble, hungry, and faithful.
Look at faithful followers, look out for enemies of the gospel, and look to our Savior.
1) When it comes to running the race of the Christian life, do you resonate more with Harold Abrahams or Eric Liddell? Abrahams ran because he felt pressure to prove himself. Liddell ran because he felt God’s pleasure. Which better describes you?
2) Read Philippians 3:13. Do you tend to think more about your past failures or successes? What past thing do you need to “forget”?
3) When do you tend to struggle to stay hungry for God? Are there certain times or seasons of life where your passion tends to fade? Have you found certain practices that help you to regain your hunger for God?
4) Read 1 Corinthians 11:1, Philippians 3:17, and 2 Thessalonians 3:6-9. Discuss what these different verses state about imitating faithful followers of Jesus. Are you someone that other Christians can imitate?
5) When it comes to those who don’t follow Jesus, we must love them, but we also must be careful not to join them on their journey to destruction. How can we do both? Which of those two (loving and watching out for) do you tend to struggle with most?